YOU can start by signing up today at www.GearUpFireRescue.com!
Once YOU have considered to volunteer, the following process occurs:
1. YOU fill out your interest in volunteering by using the tab on the left titled “VOLUNTEER”.
2. Fill in all requested information to express your interest. Make sure you provide the requested security information on the web page located at the bottom of the page. If this step is not completed, your information will not be submitted.
3. Your volunteer interest form is submitted directly to our Volunteer Recruiter.
4. The Volunteer Recruiter contacts your local corporation based on the provided information.
5. The local corporation will contact you directly to begin the process.
6. Each department requests an application to be submitted to them.
7. Once the application is submitted, the corporation then conducts an interview. Depending on the corporation’s by-laws, the next series of steps in the process will vary.
8. Once the application/interview process is completed, your information will be provided to the general membership of the organization to be voted into general membership. It is at this point of time, YOU, will know whether you will become a member or not.
9. Once fully voted into general membership, you are now eligible to attend Gear Up Orientation Training Class.
10. Your membership chairperson/training officer will work with you in getting your training started.
11. Gear Up Orientation Training Class is a series of nightly classes over a four week time span. Classes meet twice a week and a alternating weekend day (usually Monday/Wednesday/Saturday OR Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday). Evening classes are held from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Weekend classes are from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
12. The Gear Up Orientation Training class is your first step for training as a new volunteer.
Bring a friend, the “buddy system” works best!
We look forward to working with you in the near future!